Choosing the right premises to open a preschool
first decide which locality will be suitable and easy to access for you to start the preschool. Ideally, it should be close to your residence in an area with lot of housing colonies and residential buildings with residents having a decent amount of disposable income as well as the cosmopolitan mindset to send their children to a preschool.
The average space required per child is approximately 10 sq. ft. Before deciding suitable amount of space, carefully consider max capacity, batch timings at the school, and the number of children required break even. Min space required will be in the range of 1200 to 1500 sq. ft. carpet area. A villa or a ground floor apartment in a residential complex is ideal! This will allow some outdoor / open play area for the students as well as easily visible to advertising /promoting itself. Additionally, evening activity classes if any can be run in this area.
Parents will want a safe place to send their kids to. A preschool should be situated in a safe neighborhoods with least possible traffic and pollution.
If proper security is available then it is wise to ensure that the preschool is securely guarded with gates, guards, monitored/registered entry – exit etc.
It is necessary that the surroundings and inside of the preschool be impressively clean and well maintained. Parents do not want their children studying in unclean ill-maintained place!
The preschool should be away from noisy industrial area or manufacturing/processing units, places of worship etc.
Only if you don’t own an appropriate preschool space, then rent it. Against purchasing, the entry and exit cost will be low if a property is rented; particularly if shifting to another location. It is a time consuming thing to find the perfect place. So, begin your space-hunt ASAP and switch on the options. An important factor when renting a place is the deposit. Although it may be refundable subject to some T & C, it is better to bargain for a lower deposit as you will part with amount but not investing it in your setup.
The School preparation.
One of the anticipated moments of life is the time when newly parents get to experience the joy of their child. It has always been a tradition that the parent always ensures that their children get the best of everything , most importantly when it comes to early education. As the realization becomes widely evident parents these days are taking every measure in the book to begin their child’s early educational development. This is where the child must be introduced to a pre-school environment that prepares the child to begin their future days in school. Eventually leading to an overall performance and a visible of the child.
Pre-school approach has also witnessed a potential change over the years and it now focuses more on activities that the child can participate. These activities prepare the child from an overall perspective and give them an edge before they take their further steps. It is also important that in their early days of growth, the child builds a good rapport with their parents. It is very essential to have a good parent-child equation, it helps the child in shaping their attitude.
The preparatory list never ends, with changing time there is always an evolution of process and that is how it must be. But the basics will always be the same, the cute trials and tribulations a child must go through would make them well-prepared to face every kind of challenges in the upcoming future.
How To Choose The Ideal Preschool For Your Child.
It is imperative for parents to take into consideration some pointers before deciding which Preschool is ideal for their child. Some things which will help parents in making the right decision.
- Take suggestions from other parents in your friend circle who have kids. A first hand review always helps. Find out what they liked and what they didn’t about the preschools in your vicinity.
- Finding Preschool in your nearby area is always suggested, it is no point making your child unnecessarily travel to a long distance just because you would prefer a different Preschool. Consider and weigh your option based on your child’s convenience.
- Preschools are considered to be building the initial foundation of your child’s life and it is crucial to give them the proper educational start which will prepare them overall. Look for a Preschool that follows a particular model of education and has done quite well in execution.
- Find out favorable timings which is convenient for both you and your child.
- A good preschool also ensures their presence on the web with their website and these days their presence has extended to social media networks as well. Look for their consistence, uniformity across these platforms, it is usually a sign about the genuineness of the preschool. And a Face book presence shows their interactive side. All these factors contribute in determining the best possible option.
- Visit the Center and have a look for yourself in terms of the infrastructure, their curriculum and understand their teaching methodology and once you are convinced from all the offerings, you decide for your child.